Thursday, November 4, 2010

Keeping me happy

My daughter went off to college in Philadelphia this past August.  I feel good about it...she is so happy and I miss her terribly.  This past summer before she left we worked together and had a lot of fun.  We hand painted floor cloths and boxes to sell at our local farmers market.  We even worked the market together and shared in our love of people and dog watching.  I write about this now because I am once again amazed at how the universe works.

The title of this blog post is "Keeping me happy", not keeping my family happy, not keeping my friends happy, keeping me happy.  I have been able to keep me happy through my creative expression.  I have always dreamed of being an artist, defining myself as an artist.   

Yes, I am an artist when it comes to creating luscious beauty...that is my art for nurturing others.  My painting and collage work is art for me...and bonus when someone comes along and purchases a piece that I created.  I have learned over the years to pay attention to the signs that are posted in front of me (well some are not quite so clear) and to listen for those signs as well. Katherine going off to college has given me the opportunity to become that artist. It is all about perfected timing and intuition.  I can't really tell you how it happens, all I know is that I get an inclination to do something or to see something differently and embrace what is coming over me.  When that happens things seem to fall into place and life offers wonderful possibilites.

What does this have to do with the Big Smoke Butter Nail Polish photo?  Everything!  My friend Yessica and I were out looking for retail spaces for our businesses to move into and we happened upon a great little boutique.  Yessica found a pair of sandals like the ones she used to wear growing up, and me, well, I found the nail polish.  Anyone who knows me knows that I never wear polish on my hands...yes, I get pedicures and love that luxury!  I use my hands so much for art and skin care that I just don't wear polish.  I just had to have this color...it's like smoky eyes on my nails.  I still haven't used it yet, oh I will soon.  I am just happy for now being inspired by it.  The inclination will come and when it does I will know what to do...

What are you doing to keep you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment